The Saskatchewan Progress Party has officially launched the process to select a new permanent party leader.
The leader will be chosen at the leadership convention on November 18th, 2023 by a direct vote of party members. Voting will be conducted by a majority vote, ranked ballot. The location of the convention is online.
There will also be a policy convention on the following day, November 19th, 2023. The location of this policy convention will also be online.
The deadline for leadership candidate nominations is November 1st, 2023 at 5:00pm. Leadership nominations must be accompanied by 25 member signatures with 15 of those being new members and a refundable $150.00 fee. Additionally, $3500.00 in non-refundable donations to the party must be raised by each candidate by November 10th, 2023.
All members in good standing as of November 8th, 2023 at 5:00pm will be eligible to vote in the leadership race.
Registration / Agenda / Policy Process
Registration is currently open and will close on November 14th at 5:00pm. The registration fee is $25.00 for members and $50.00 for observers. This will allow members and observers to go to both the leadership and policy convention days.
More details will be posted soon.
- Leadership Convention will be held on November 18th, 2023
- The Leader will be chosen by a direct vote of eligible members, using a majority vote, ranked ballot
- Eligible members will be able to vote online. Advance, absentee, and proxy voting will not be possible
- The deadline for leadership candidate nominations is November 1st, 2023 at 5:00pm
- Individuals vying to become leader must submit their applications with 25 member signatures, a $150.00 fee, and $3500.00 in donations to the Party
- The membership cutoff is November 8th, 2023 at 5:00pm
The official leadership rules and forms are available below: